Monday, July 28, 2008

Here She Is!




Introducing: Tobren Lyse Runnion-Bareford


Pronounced: Toe-bren Lee-seh Run-ning Bare-foot


Meaning: Tobren (Nickname - Tobi) "God is good" Lyse "God's promise", "God's perfection", "God's satisfaction"


Stats: 6 lbs. 1 oz., 19 inches long



I came across the name Tobren in a book quite a few years ago. The book wasn't any award-winning piece of literature. I'm pretty sure it contained dragons, dwarves, and wizards, and that most of the people who read it lived in their parents' basements, dressed as Star Wars characters, and didn't kiss girls until they were...well, never. It was a stage, OK?! I've filed the name away since then with the plan that if, in fact, I was blessed with a little girl, she would be named Tobren, with the nickname Toby. Yeah, in my mind her nickname was spelled that way -- more on that later. Anyway, when my niece Makayla was born, just over 2 years ago, I told Shauna the name that I hoped my (future) little girl would have. Well, OUR little girl...but at that time, Shauna and I had known each other a week or so -- no need to rush things. I already was pretty sure I was going to marry her, so I didn't want to freak her out too much by discussing our children...give that a month or two at least! As it turned out, Shauna was amenable to the name; however, she thought that Tobi as a spelling would be a bit more feminine. OK, I can see that. However, if Tobi ever starts dotting the "i" in her nickname by making a heart, I'm rescinding my acquiescence.

Her middle name, Lyse, was chosen for a few reasons. First, it's Swedish, and we thought that it would be neat to give her a name that reflects anscestry on both sides. Second, it has a great meaning. Third, we think it goes with Tobren, which was somewhat of a challenge in and of itself. Finally, we feel it holds a slight edge over Helga, Aslog, Gunilla, or Fredrika. The pronunciation was really the only sticking point, as technically it is Lee-seh, rather than the commonly heard Lee-sa (Lisa). We'll see how that goes...the poor girl already has to explain the rest of her name, as it is, so let's just make it the whole thing!

For more pics of her journey thus far click HERE.

5 comments:

The Mangin Family said...

She is so precious. I already can see some of Shauna in her face. I'm glad for you, Shauna,that things went as well as can be expected giving birth to a 6 pounder.
Congrats to you both! Praise the Lord - He is faithful beyond our comprehension. Carole

pella said...

Ahh - So wonderful! Blessings, blessings, blessings!

The Mangin Family said...

Hey- what's up with Mom posting under my Blogger name? Time to change the password! :-) We are really excited for you guys and we can't wait to meet her!
Monica

The Mangin Family said...

Hey what is my daughter doing using our comment section, oh well, Congratulations she is so cute, but I think she looks more like Ben being bald and all. Send our congrats to the proud grandparents. Rick.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations old friend, she is beautiful.

Chauncey