Thursday, October 14, 2010

October Fourteenth

I like to take the back roads home from the gym in the fall.  The trees are always so gorgeous this time of year.  I especially love the trees in the fall in Stark Park in Manchester.  I happened to stop there one fall day when Tobi was just a couple months old to take a few fall pictures of her.


Last year I stopped again on a particularly lovely fall day.  Tobi  was a mobile subject by then...so laying her down in a pile of leaves wasn't an option anymore.

I stopped by the park last week and was a little disappointed with the colors. So I went home and compared the pictures from the last two years and I discovered I had inadvertently stopped on Oct. 14th both years.  I was a little too early last week. Since today was the 14th I decided to make it a 3 year tradition...and I wasn't disappointed! 










 What a difference a year makes.  Look at all the hair she's grown this year.  And if I thought she was a moving target last year...this year she runs with a will!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are GORGEOUS! I am having leave envy...no seriously, so thankful you get to behold this beauty and looking forward to the time when I get to drink in "fall" again...so fun too Oct. 14th 3 years! Next year with 2!!!!