Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Lemon Party

"Tobi, what kind of party would you like to have for your birthday this year?"
"Um, I think I want a lemon birthday..."

I'm not sure where this idea came from, or what it even meant...but I went with it anyway.  I don't think Tobi has been to enough themed birthday parties to even know what the question I was asking her meant.  The word birthday for Tobi means one thing...birthday CAKE!  So much so that she doesn't even use the word cake.  On Ben's birthday Tobi asked him if she could share his birthday and when we asked her what she meant by that she mimed putting something to her mouth with her fingers and then chewing it.  Yes, this girl loves a good "essert" and a birthday party is as good of an excuse as any to have some!

So we had a little celebration on her actual birthday with lemon cake...with chocolate (as requested).
 Pooter is Ben's nickname for Tobi..and he picked out the cake...


Then the real "lemon party" was on Saturday.  My interpretation of a lemon party included lots of yellow and lemonade...




Grandma "Bengskin" made lemon cupcakes (with raspberry filling and cream cheese frosting).  Yummm!!



It was a great day to celebrate Tobi's 3 years with family and friends.


She is such a gift to us and we are so thankful for her. She keeps us laughing everyday.  She loves to help, she loves her little brother, she loves to play and take care of her "babies...and of course she loves a good "birthday"!



I'm not really sure what a lemon party is...but I think this should be the aftermath!

 Mission accomplished!

No comments: