Monday, July 30, 2012

Fantastic Fours

So...I told her she wasn't allowed to do it and she kept telling me she was going to anyway...and it turns out she was right.  I have been telling Tobi for months she wasn't allowed to turn FOUR.  I just wanted to keep her three for a while longer.  Three seems like I could still put her in the toddler category...but alas she has been seeming very four for a while now and there was no stopping it.  The day came and she, sure enough, turned four years old.  It's just a day and a number but it seems so impossible. 

It helped a little that we've been celebrating her birthday for about a month now, so when the day actually came the sting wasn't quite so painful.
We started with an island celebration when we were with Grandma and Grandpa R-B.  Since we wouldn't be together on the actual day we celebrated early with cake and gifts.  Tobi was most excited about her new princess castle...right up this girls alley for sure!

The next celebration was mid-July and we had pool party for 3 lovely ladies who all celebrate birthdays in July.  It was just a perfect day (which you have no guarantee of when you sign up to rent the pool...feeling lucky since we really didn't have a plan B) for a day in the park.

 Love these girls:  Tobi 4, Sadie 4, Kayla 6


 

 
 

 


     
 

 
What's a party without balloons and a baby in a diaper? 
 

After a week of music/art camp we were looking for a low key way to celebrate on the actual day.   By low key, I mean I didn't feel like cooking.  So we asked Tobi what she wanted for dinner and as expected she voted for hamburgers.   If given a choice I'm pretty sure she would choose Wendy's as her restaurant of choice but we tried to steer her in a slightly different direction.  We ended up at Cactus Jack's and, as you can see, it was met with approval from the birthday girl!  

Then we headed back to the house for some more cake and ice cream and presents.  (This girl is going to need celebration detox). 












I cannot even begin to sum up what I think about this girl...she is most certainly her own person and I love every bit of her.  It feels like almost everyday I am trying to remember all the funny, smart, strange, cute, loving, or sometimes not so loving but still creative things she says and/or does.  She is a great big sister most of the time...and that is saying a lot since Axel's favorite activities include hitting, biting and jumping on her (all in love of course).  She loves to be helpful...picking things up, setting things up, dishes, laundry, cooking...I'm just hoping this attitude lasts until she can do it all by herself...that would be amazing!!!  She loves "kids movies" and would like to watch shows about 15 hours a day...but she opts for the one hour (over the alternative - 0) most days.  Loves Max & Ruby...but also is into Diego, Curious George, Strawberry Shortcake and quite a few more.  Looks like she is heading to a couple of days a week of preschool in the fall and I'm sure she will love it.  She loves playing with babies, playing pretend anything (house, school,etc.), playing outside, drawing, coloring, doing activity books and so much more. 
It really is a blessing to be her mom...and I'm so thankful that I get to be that everyday!  So I'm wiping the tears as I say goodbye to "three" but I wouldn't want to miss "four" for anything!!!!  Here we go....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shut your mouth