Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Really?

I feel like I opened up my own pharmacy! This is what I came home with today after Tobi's visit to the clinic. Poor baby has bronchitis and a double ear infection. So we came home with antibiotics...which I had to mix myself by adding water to the powder (is this normal, I had never heard of such a thing?)...an inhaler complete with spacer and fish mask...and (since she wasn't interested in the nebulizer) some prednisolone to help with any constriction/inflammation affecting her breathing. I will say one of the packages above was supposed to be for the nebulizer...which as of now we are not using. After I got it all out and tried to figure out when to give what and how and how often...is it really all necessary? For such a little person? Well, the only thing I really care about is that is helps her kick this thing! She already sounds much better today, pre-medication- so I can only hope the medication will kill it once and for all!!!! We go back on Friday for a follow-up visit. Pffft...lessons in motherhood...I'm not so fond of this one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Shauna!

I know all too well about all of this! JJ has had to use a spacer--not with that mask (he uses that with the nebulizer if he has a cold--it works better for him) since about 2-3 months of age! He was diagnosed early with reactive airways that first went with reflux, but he hasn't outgrown it yet:( I can help you with any of this. If she gets worse--which I hope doesn't happen, def do the nebulizer (did you get a compressor?) She will "give in" eventually and it is better in tough cases.

It isn't normal (for us) to have to mix your own antibiotic! JJ got a watermelon smoothie kind (he LOVED it!) from the CVS by us...sorry you had to do this! don't think you should!

Hang in there! She'll get through and it will be short-lived...it seems like more than it is, but can be overwhelming! Let me know if you have any questions!