Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me Monday

 

It was NOT me who left my Valentine's roses out on the table instead of remembering to put them in the bathroom so the cat couldn't get to them.  Saturday morning I was expecting when Ben entered the kitchen that his first words to me would be "wow, the kitchen looks great" since I had stayed up and done the massive pile of dishes (that NOT I had been avoiding all day).  Instead the first words I heard were "Shauna!  You forgot to put the flowers away!" Which I knew should be translated that there was rose petal cat puke somewhere.  Since I had NOT done that, I chose not to answer and just stay upstairs a few minutes longer...maybe the real offender would be located! (In my opinion the cat was really to blame anyway!)

 I managed to save a few of the roses...still pretty.
It was NOT our family that had a service man come all the way out to the house to fix our perfectly working dishwasher.  That would be silly and costly.  Why would anyone do that?
If something like that had happened it might have gone something like this: Let's just say that several months ago our dishwasher stopped filling with water.  No water was entering the machine.  We've been hand washing dishes for all that time even though our dishwasher is younger than Tobi.  Ben finally had a chance to look at the dishwasher in depth last weekend and there was no easy way to see what was going on.  So he called for a service guy to come out and look at it.  Of course I was in the middle of telling the guy that no water was flowing into the machine and I was about to go into a long over-detailed explanation of the history of our trials and tribulations related to the dishwasher (as I certainly NEVER would do), when I heard a somewhat familiar sound of, YES, water....filling the dishwasher...sounding perfectly normal...ehhhhhh...errrrrr....emmmmm....uhhhhhhhhhhhh...yep, didn't know what to say.  So I gave the nice man $100 for his visit and sent him on his (I'm sure very) merry way.

Uh...I'm so glad that didn't happen to us because it would really stink to have to waste money and time like that. 

(proof that it really was broken: melted cutting board and undisolved burnt soap capsle!)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cat puke is no fun, even when it smells like roses. :)

The Oxford Family said...

Hi, found you on MckMama's; glad your dishwasher cured itself! Hand washing is the pits!

Yellow House said...

I always leave flowers out for too long... you are not alone! :)

Chelsea
inayellowhouse.blogspot.com

harmonysong said...

$100 for nothing other than pure embarrassment on your part??!! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

it could of and would of happened to me or anyone...Not Me Mondays always make me smile and laugh...I NEED to do this soon as I certainly have had plenty of fodder:)