Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh...this is definitely NOT ME Monday...Sickness, Toddler Meltdowns, and Cat for Sale Version

It's been a while...but this has been a week of wishing it was "NOT ME!" who experienced several things. You can read about my non-adventures and then if you want you can check out some other not me's here:


Mckmama- Not Me Monday



If you happened to be at Merril Park pool in Concord, NH last Monday...despite what you may have thought that you saw...it was not me who was repeatedly pulling my not quite 2 year old up out of the water, saying "You don't know how to swim yet!  Let Mommy hold you!  Listen to Mommy!"  And it was not my almost two year old who responded with squirming, pushing, crying, shouts of NO! and whatever other dramatic response you could think of...resulting in repeated time outs.  And after a whole whopping 15 minutes at the pool, it was not me that you saw carrying a screaming kicking toddler under one arm and all the other pool goods in the other out of the pool area and straight to the car.  And it wouldn't have been me and my cherub of a tot standing in the parking lot screaming bloody murder, stomping, kicking, and yelling NO! while I tried to strip off the wet bathing suit and swimmy diaper... what a show that would have been! 

(time-out # ?)

And it was not my family that left our outing to the farm in a similar state.  As you can see we always have a smile on and are completely cooperative!

It was not me who, while suffering from a sudden summer cold, propped my daughter on my bed with my laptop and several kids DVDs while I laid down next to her and kept falling off into a slumber.  I am always vigilant about the amount of TV Tobi watches and even when I'm sick I always muster up enough energy to care for my child properly. (No pictures here!)

And lastly something that DID NOT happen to me this week...because if it did happen I surely would not be sleeping in my own bed anymore.  Tuesday at 2:40 am I was not woken up by our cat meowing in a completely strange way only to feel him jump up on the bed and then hear some squeaking noises.  I did not immediatley freak out, wake Ben up only to hear him say "UGHHH...".  To which responded "WHAT???WHAT??? - IS IT A MOUSE...tell me it's NOT A MOUSE."  That cat most defintely did NOT drop a severely maimed mouse on Ben's bare chest only for him to feel it go under the sheet next to his body.  If that had happened I'm sure I would not have balled myself up on the furthest corner of the bed with my head buried in my pillow saying "Where is it?  Oh my gosh, get it out here!!!! Please!!!"  And most definitely I did not hear Ben say "Good Kitty!" as he scooped the mouse up off the floor.  Seriously, that would be crazy!  Why would anyone give a cat praise for dropping a half dead mouse in your bed????  Wouldn't that make him think you wanted him to do it again???  I'll tell you what though...if I ever do hear some crazy meowing followed by high pitched squeaking in my bed you will probably find me climbing the walls hanging on to the ceiling with my nails!! 

Good Kitty?  Hmmmm...

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Can I borrow your cat to get the mouse in my kitchen??

Zeb said...

the cat got some meaningful eyes! ;)