Monday, June 21, 2010

Summertime...and the living is easy

Week 2 without Ben...hopefully the last for a while. We decided (I always say we, but it's not like Tobi has much say in the matter) to head down to visit Grandma and Grandpa. 
 
Monday we headed out to visit Mema.  I'm not sure who is taking who for a walk here.
Tuesday we all went to Ogunquit Beach.  Beautiful day.  Some people thought it was chilly but Tobi wanted to run up and down the beach and play in the water.  She is turning into a beach-loving toddler.
Friday we had another beach day with Sarah and all the cousins who are officially out of school!  What a gorgeous day at the lake.


Ben came home Friday evening.  We quickly jumped in the car and headed out to the shore for seafood at a favorite spot, Petey's.  It was too beautiful of a night to waste.


Then Saturday we headed back to the beach.  This time with Ben.  I think everyone had the same plan on such a hot summer day.  Our first attempt was a failure as the parking lot was so full they wouldn't even let you wait for someone to leave.  So we headed back to another favorite spot, Plum Island.  We had a lovely time...and Tobi even managed to take a nap in my arms (I think we must be wearing her out with all this activity).  We stayed until 6 and stopped at a favorite BBQ place, Goody Cole's, on the way home. 

Sunday was Father's Day.  (I think we'll claim Saturday as the real celebration).  Swedish pancakes, hash browns and bacon for breakfast.  I'd like to say Tobi was excited to do something special for Daddy, but she was mostly concerned with where "Tobi's plate" was.
 

Ben spent the afternoon "catching up" around here since he's been gone so much lately...mowing the lawn, caulking the tub...you know all the fun father's day activities.  At least Saturday was fun...
So thankful for Ben and what a great dad he is.
Thankful for my dad and what an example he has been to me over the years.
Oh, and while I'm being thankful...I'm thankful for the example I have in my parents of a loving committed marriage.  Sunday was their 40th wedding anniversary...and they are celebrating in Hawaii!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for them! Your parents that is! What fun!!!! I wonder how the water is there? The water here is like bath water and we went to the beach for Father's Day too:) so much fun!!!! Love to you!!!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Great pics!! I didn't know you had all that going on...missing out on all the info since M2M has ended temporarily, ha! See you soon, I'm sure!

Zeb said...

you seem to be enjoying summer! but here (at our side) it's quite hot!!! we can't go out in the afternoon...