Friday, June 13, 2008

We're getting closer...

31 weeks

At our birthing class last night we realized that there are a lot of things we haven't thought about...that apparently a lot of other people have thought about already.  To binky or not to binky?  To vaccinate or not?  Who will we use for a pediatrician?  Some people due after us have their "bag" for the hospital packed already!!?  I don't know, maybe it's because I have been so focused on finishing out the school year and then maybe I'll have some time to think about these things...other things I guess you just figure out a long the way.  One thing we do know after last night's class is how to swaddle a preemie cabbage patch kid with a slightly concave head in a fleece blanket 6 times the size of the baby.  Some how I don't know how applicable that will be... but if we ever should need that particular skill, we're ready!


1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hey- you look great! WOW! We definitely need to get together with you guys before the little one arrives!!

As for your questions: Binky- you'll figure it out in the moment. Have one on hand though because one night, when the screaming won't stop, you'll be wishing you hadn't proclaimed the binky "the devil" and banned it form your house and Ben will have to run out and buy one (at least that's what happened to us! :)

Vaccinations: go with your gut!
Pediatrician: I can recommend a great group in Manchester/Bedford

Swaddling: let me tell you, there may be no more valuable skill in helping your baby sleep! So, that was a good thing to learn!! :) Keep practicing!! I didn't swaddle Sawyer, and he was a horrible sleeper. I swaddled Chloe and she was a DREAM sleeper! I swear by swaddling!!

Those people who have their bags packed already need to get a life! I threw stuff in a bag between contractions and half of it never got used!

I can't even imagine Ben keeping a straight face in birthing class! :) My mom used to teach birthing class and once she had to kick a couple of dads out for relentlessly cracking jokes and laughing. I imagine Ben doing that! :) I cannot wait to hear the stories!