Tuesday, October 27, 2009

15 months old today

Another month... they just seem to fly by these days. Tobi is a busy girl. She is a walking/toddling machine. She has to take care of "babies" everywhere she goes. It's becoming a bit of a stress on her I fear because she cannot finish a meal if she spots a "baby", she cries for her "baby" even when she can barely keep her eyes open from exhaustion, and she wails if we should have to leave a "baby" at the nursery, play room, or house to which that "baby" belongs.

Also she used to have more of a vocabulary but pretty much everything she loves has become "baby"...her sucky, blanky and the cat are all "baby" right now.
She does like to say "Dah-deee" a lot during the day. Every noise she hears makes her think that Ben is coming home...Dah-deee, Dah-dee. I think she works herself up so much that when Ben actually does come home she gets all excited and runs towards him and the u-turns towards me and start crying and begging for me to pick her up. I'm pretty sure this is the beginning of the turn and soon "Dah-dee will be it and "Mama" will be just that lady who's always around :)

Other loves include stacking toys, "ba-boo" (peek-a-boo) books, the book "Hugs" and for that matter almost all books. I love when she gets a book and sits down and starts flipping through the pages like she is reading it.

She loves looking at pictures and she loves playing with the big kids. She has definitely started exerting her independence in letting me know what she wants and doesn't want... hmmm, I don't know what that means for when we reach the 2's & 3's.
She is the best form of entertainment in my day and I'm just amazed at all the things she can do and all that she is learning...with what seems like very little help from me. I mean, I'm there caring, loving, nurturing, demonstrating, encouraging, but then she just does something that I never showed her or had any idea that she even was aware of...amazing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun to read about your little nurturer:) I'm so excited to see a girl grow after a boy (which I love! too)

As for "Dah-dee!" you know that will even get more so after #2. So, she's just getting ready:)

harmonysong said...

Man, she is getting SO big!!!