Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Running Barefoot #2

3 posts in 3 days...this must be a record for me. I guess there is a lot of news to report around here. It's true, we are I am pregnant again (I'm not allowed to say "we" according to the rules of Ben i.e. "We are expecting", "We are due..."). At my appointment today the midwife decided to go with the early ultrasound dating, so that means we are ...er....I am 11 weeks along. And our my due date is May 18, 2010.

These are the first pictures of our little bean. Here is BRB* at 8 weeks and 3 days old. Measuring just 19 mm it's amazing that you can definitely tell it is a baby already! And we could even see the little heart beating at 171 bpm....how amazing!


*Baby Running-Barefoot

Tobi is excited too. She got a T-Shirt to help celebrate.


I don't know why but she keeps lifting up my shirt and pointing to my belly and saying "baby"...I may have told her that once, but I really don't even remember doing it. She also does the same thing to Ben...so she's not a total genius....but pretty close!

So far so good, I am pretty much right on track with my last pregnancy, pretty tired some days (Tobi and I take naps together most days) but no real morning sickness, just some appetite loss at night and certain foods make me feel like I might have an episode of "morning sickness"...but all in all it's been smooth sailing so far. We...yes WE...are very excited. It will be interesting having a 22 month old and a new born...but it's a pretty great thing that God is blessing us with another precious gift!!!!

5 comments:

Patt said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! Rest while you can, Shauna ;)

Patt & Anthony Courtemanche

The Mangin Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys! 22 months will be a fun age difference. I think 24 is perfect... but clearly I'm not good at geting the spacing right... 16 1/2 months with Kira and Callen was a little insane :) I hope that we're up North sometime in the next few months- we miss you all!
Congrats!
*also where did you get the tee shirt made? It's AWESOME!

Jenna said...

WOO HOO!!!!! Congratulations!!! Very exciting!! We are SO happy for you both!!!! We definitely do have to get together soon. Life here seems to have taken off like a rocket, and I've finally come to terms with the fact that is ain't slowin' down any time soon!!! :)

May 18th was my due date with Sawyer (but he was born on the 27th!!!!).

Unknown said...

Yes, it will be wonderful to have them both! I am SO, SO EXCITED FOR YOU! You need to have a boy, so that Tobi and JJ can marry and Baby Susie can marry your boy:) (she likes them younger like her mommy)

You will be tired but so full of love! And you will have a 2nd little mommy with you...I think that's great, it's a lil different with boys;)

harmonysong said...

SO exciting!! Can't wait to meet the new R-B! Now, Tobi just needs to work on her baby care skills...my sister used to carry me around like a sack of potatoes...and I turned out GREAT! :)