Friday, May 22, 2009

Beach Baby

90 degrees? or more? There's only one solution....the BEACH! Tobi and I took a spur of the moment trip to Ogunquit yesterday. It was great! Still warm but somehow the beach makes the heat bearable. For the most part Tobi had a good time...but she didn't care for the sand or the water that much...hmm...looks like we have some work to do. She REALLY did not like the bathrooms (who can blame her?). The constant sound of automatic flushers, sinks and hand dyers was TOOOOO much!

As you can see from Tobi's expression, there was a little wind...

Did I mention it was windy?
Who needs a Wonder Wheeler when you have the Super Stroller? This stoller came in very handy (although I'm sure Ben isn't that happy that I brought it down onto the sand). As you can see I was able to carry all my earthly belongings and still take the Tobster for a walk.Here she is, ridin' in style...
A day at the beach is exhausting (especially after all the bathroom trauma!).

3 comments:

harmonysong said...

Her new bathing suit looks so cute on!! Love it!! No one likes those public restrooms anyway, Tobs!

Erika said...

She is too cute, Shauna! I had that same hat for Emily when she was younger. She wont' wear hats anymore to my dismay. :(
Emily hates public restrooms too - I have to drag her in kicking and screaming and everyone must think I'm torturing her. But those toilets are loud and scary! Poor kids, huh!?
Anyways, it looks like you had a fun day.
Thanks for commenting on my blog and I'm glad to find yours too - fun!
Hopefully I'll see you soon!
~Erika

Unknown said...

It's normal at her age to not like the beach or sand so much...in a few months it will all change. JJ liked them more last fall (a little after 1) and then just can't get enough now! Soon she'll love it as much or more than you!!!