Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday and Adventures in Laundry



(Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.)

I often go through my day thinking in Facebook status update form, even though I hardly update my status. I never feel like what I'm doing is worthy of an actual update. I just like to keep track in my mind. "Shauna is ...washing the floor" (ok, that does not usually happen..bad example). "Shauna is... sitting on the couch" (hmm...more realistic). "Shauna is ...thinking she should get her butt off the couch and wash the floor." "Shauna is...just going to take a little nap....theeeen wash the floor... "... etc.

Since I have become a MckFamily blog stalker reader...I happened to read a few Not Me! Monday posts and now I find myself very often thinking in Not Me! blog post language during my day even though I have never actually written a Not Me! Monday post. The funny thing is that I "post" in real time as I am "NOT" doing the things I would post about if I ever did. One such example might go something like this... "I am definitely not putting this dirty bib on my child and watching her pick off the old Cheerios and eat them... and if I was, I am not actually glad they are there because she has stopped whining for a moment...that would be gross and...wrong!" Not that that ever happened, of course. And certainly not more than once!

So now that I have become completely entangled in the lives of people I do not know, and because Not Me! Monday is back, AND because I had very Not Me! experience... I think I will now actually post this one for real (as opposed to just composing it in my head).

Well, last week it didn't take me three days to the laundry for our family of 3...especially because I would never have fed our daughter on the newly washed blanket we use to cover our couch, because any one would know that, no matter how careful I am, we have yet to have a spill-free meal and a 9 month old child should always be fed in their high chair. Good thing I didn't do that because I would've had to wash that blanket twice.

I did buy toilet paper last week. I did split up the package...5 rolls for upstairs and 4 for downstairs. I did wonder when I brought the rolls upstairs why I could only locate 4 of the 5 rolls. And I did think perhaps I was very bad at counting and leave it at that.

Back to the laundry...of course I always check all the pockets of every pair of pants I put in the laundry. I wouldn't leave that kind of thing up to chance. Not me! So when I pulled out my black sweat pants I most certainly would not have found tiny pieces of paper all over said pants. Or more paper on my black tank top...and the next article of clothing...and so on. If I had I might have begun to to wonder how big this piece of paper was that someone may or may not have left in their pocket. And it would be downright silly if I had then reached my hand into the washer and pulled out a big wad of paper... I mean a BIG WAD of paper...wet and matted to the side of the washer. But if I had done that it might have explained what happened to that mysteriously absent 5th roll of toilet paper meant for the upstairs bathroom!




Oh and I definitely did not pull this out of the trash just to take a picture for this post...NOT ME!




9 comments:

MamaJoss said...

I'm seriously cracking up! THAT is GREAT...well, not for your black clothing, but for a Not Me! post -- oh so funny :)

Anonymous said...

What in the world? That is a HUGE piece of paper. What was it? A whole roll of toilet paper?

Amaya Perez said...

they call it mommy brain. Good one!

Sheila said...

Oh my that is FUNNY FUNNY Stuff!!!

KAL071203 said...

oh my goodness that is so funny! your daughter is precious!

Jennifer Godale said...

I can SO TOTALLY relate. To everything from Facebook to toilet paper! Welcome to NOT ME MONDAY. Looking forward to seeing what you DON'T do next week!

harmonysong said...

Woozah! YOU JOINED IN! Is it NOT SO fun?!! :)

I am totally the same way with Not Me! and facebook statuses. "Liz is sitting at her computer eating goldfish thinking about how she should have gone to the gym."

I also see you got the striking thing down! :)

oh, and the spilling..I am so NOT surprised...no, really!

Heather said...

I can't believe you washed the toiler paper! Too funny!

Unknown said...

Yes! me too cracking up! Too funny! I will have to subscribe to this blog for laughs...if it's anything like what you posted, it will be good laughs!

I definitely need other moms like you!!! te quiero mamacita:)