Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday



This week I definitely did not go on a hair clip shopping spree for my hairless hair-challenged 9 month old daughter. Our friend Liz brought over the cutest little crocheted hat for Tobi (that she found on Etsy).
Thus, I was reminded of these crocheted hair clips from briar.claire (also on Etsy)that I have wanted to check out after seeing them in this little cutie's hair. But I definitely would not have bought any of these cute little clips while daydreaming of pigtails and cute wispy locks of hair. What would I even do with them for the next year or so?

I also most definitely did not, while rushing to finish getting ready to get to my Moms group, watch helplessly as my daughter clunked her forehead into the edge of the bathroom vanity. And it's a good thing I did not let that happen on the morning of her 9 month check-up. And I certainly would not have been a little glad when the doctor didn't seem to notice the red mark on her head (that of course wasn't there..and certainly didn't seem as big and bright as Rudloph's nose to me) until the Dr. herself asked "I didn't do that, did I?"...and I never would have considered saying "YES!...you did that...NOT ME!"

Well, I guess I better finish this post and see about the child that is most definitely not trying to get my attention as I sit here and type. I wouldn't ignore her...never..and definitely not for something as trivial as a blog post! Not me!

( This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.)

5 comments:

harmonysong said...

yay!! She DOES like the hat!! :) Love it on her!

K said...

Hi Shauna! Thanks for your comment on my Not Me! Monday post. Yours are great as well...this Not Me! Monday thing is quite therapeutic, isn't it? I've checked out a bit of your blog now that I'm here...LOVE the name of it! I'm a barefoot kind of girl myself.

P.S. Your daughter is ADORABLE!

gianna said...

i came over from mckmama! your little girl is SO cute!
and don't worry about the bonk on her head. i'm sure it wasn't that huge!

the mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I know the feeling of kids getting bonked on the day of a dr appt. Or not..since it didn't really happen. ;)

Your daughter is a cutie. Thanks again for stopping by.

Leah said...

You're a wonderful Mommy! Now come over to my site and tell us just how wonderful you are! I'm hosting a follow-up to Not Me Monday called Toot Your Horn Tuesday Hope you'll join in.
Leah @ www.sillylittlesparrow.com