Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

I feel like I may not have been as quite as prepared for father's day as I wanted to be...I offered the roast in our freezer as a lunch option, but I guess I didn't think it through very well because I have never personally cooked a roast...I guess in my mind I was just planning to figure it out somehow. But I started asking Ben a bunch of questions since he is the real chef in the house and the next thing I knew he was making himself (and the rest of us) a roast. Oops...but it was delicious!

The boys picked out a gift that Grandpa would really like... or maybe something we all could enjoy! At first they found a big jar of peanuts which are truly one of Grandpa's favorites...but then they saw the trail mix with all the extras in it...like M&M's, etc. Andy really wanted to give Grandpa his gift all day...
I guess they were right...it looks like Grandpa is pretty excited!Everyone did get to share...and Kayla even made her own creative trail mix holder...


It has been such a joy for me to watch Ben as a Dad...I knew that he would be a great dad because he is great with kids, he is a genuine person with great integrity and he really values family...but what I hadn't fully anticipated was how much pleasure and pride I get from watching his interaction with our girl. I love how he loves her... I don't exactly know why that is so personally satisfying for me...probably because, instead of taking away anything from our relationship, this new dynamic actually adds to and deepens what we have between us. Also, I can appreciate him in yet another way...and I know how much a family has been his heart's desire and seeing that fulfilled gives me joy too.
I feel beyond blessed...I have a wonderful father who I appreciate more than words can express... and who I appreciate even more as I see the relationship my husband has with our daughter.

No comments: