Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me Monday .... it's been a really poopy week, literally!


Actually it's been a lovely week...just a little extra diaper issue than usual. Tobi has her worst diaper rash yet. When I called the nurse about it she said to alternate hydrocortisone and lotrimin cream with every diaper change, to let her air out as much as possible and to not use wipes. Between her more than usual share of messy diapers, letting her air out by crawling and sitting around diaperless, and running to the bathroom with bare-bottomed baby at arms length to wash off her bottom instead if wiping it...let's just say there has been more than one adult in this house who has NOT had to wipe poop off their own arm/hand/shirt this week. Not in this house... no way!

Wednesday was my birthday. My very kind and thoughtful husband surprised me by arranging to have my sister-in-law, Sarah, watch Tobi while we went out for dinner. Now because I am always immaculately dressed and ready for any occasion it could NOT have been me who asked my husband on the way to wherever we were going (still at that point a surprise to me...I thought we were eating in) if I should have changed out of my poop-stained shirt (hardly noticable...er...I mean if I had been wearing such an item). This certainly would NOT be the first time the two of us have gone out to dinner alone since Tobi was born 10 1/2 months ago...everyone knows that couples need to spend time alone from time to time.

Saturday we went out to our somewhat "regular" breakfast place, Andy's. It's a good thing I do NOT get slightly proud when we walk in and get special treatment and attention (I say we, but really it's the baby...we are just along for the ride) as all the waitresses ooh and say "Hello, Princess...oh look it's our Andy's baby!" I am really glad that it was NOT ME that spilled an entire glass of water all over the table..and then used my catlike reflexes to reach to save it from going over the edge and in so doing spilt a whole bowl of dry Cheerios (cereal dust and all) all over the seat and floor. It would have been embarrassing if the whole restaurant turned around while waitresses ran from all corners throwing gobs and gobs of paper towels all over the table while I sat motionless so the water would not run into my lap and thus destroy the Cheerios that covered my lap. And what terrible mother would sit quietly while one of the waitresses insinuated loudly that the "princess" had been responsible for causing such a spill...while knowing full well that it was entirely her own fault? NOT this mom...nope! I'm sure I didn't mumble something that no one could hear... like "Wish I could blame her..." in a feeble attempt to take the blame myself.

Well...that sums up just a few of our adventures from the past week. For more fun check out other NOT ME! posts here.

No comments: