Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me Monday...isn't it always?

(Ok I am done posting after this...this is my 4th post today so I've been busy catching up on my blog today.)

I was so excited to see the sun on Friday morning I threwgently placed Tobi in her carseat and dashed over to Concord to hit the pool before the rain set in. I volunteered to walk Kayla and Andy to pool with Tobi while Sadie finished sleeping and Nate...well did whatever Nate was doing. As we rounded the corner I most definitely did not see Zebby the dog running in front of us right to the park. Because I didn't see him I certainly didn't call after him and pretend to walk back home with the kids to which his response would have been to run faster and further away. Then when we got within earshot of people I definitely did not tell the kids not to call his name and just keep walking to the pool and pretend we had never seen that crazy dog before in our lives. I knew he would probably go back home but I knew I couldn't force him...so I just let him run free (he's friendly enough) until Sarah joined us at the pool...er, I mean I would have done that if that had happened.

Once I got to the pool I did not walk in the public bathroom at the pool in bare feet. (When I said running barefoot..this is not at all what I meant.) I had no time (or at least that is what I was led to believe) to run all the way back to where my shoes were before an accident occured. I did not contemplate letting that accident occur and let the chlorine wash it away. I did not plop gently place an almost 3 year old on the toilet while tiptoeing in as few steps as possible and then run back to peek on Andy (and get off that nasty floor) then pull Kayla with pants down outside to pull up her suit to avoid having to stand on that floor for one second more... and all with Tobi in my arms. I totally thought that through so I could avoid a situation like that...yeppers.

I'm sure there are a ton more things to confess but this post is long enough already...I'll just have to claim the rest under absolution and start this week out with a clean slate. I did not just say that, did I?

You can read more things people didn't do here if you'd like!

2 comments:

harmonysong said...

ok, seriously, no joke- I almost linked you you in my NMM post about the "Aunty (auntie?) Liz because I knew you would say something. If I claim that name for Tobs to call me, I would gladly give that up from the dogs!! :)

Unknown said...

so funny you!...as an aside, I was just remembering with Jared that we studied "the Celebration of Discipline" together in college...at your house, right? That was so great! What a foundational book in my spiritual journey...and nice to remember some of the growth of our friendship aside from lacrosse:) And so great that you are just as crazy as I am though I haven't quite figured out the NMM post for myself!