Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!


Yesterday was Ben's birthday. He took the day off of work and we had a great day at the beach. We started the day with a trip to the DMV to get our licences renewed which is always a better experience when shared with someone you love. It was a rather painless experience and we got to laugh at each others pictures while they were being taken.
From there we headed to Plum Island...a family favorite. Tobi has already been there several times , in utero and during her first 6 weeks after birth..but I don't think she remembered.

We thought it would be cool by the water so this is how we dressed...
But actually it was quite warm and fortuately we packed clothes for all possibilities.
This time was a lot different with Tobi being a crawler and into just about everything.
Ben even donned the Moby for a trek down the beach (so far its been a Mama only item). Tobi really enjoyed picking at all the "dots" on Daddy's back.
It was fun way to ride for a stroll on the beach.
We ended the day with dinner (and dessert...yum) at Not Your Average Joe's in Newburyport. And then we took a little walk along the pier. It was just perfect weather all day. We couldn't have asked for a better day. And I couldn't ask for a better husband and friend...

... and father to Tobi.
Happy Birthday, Ben...I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds so fun and I love the pics of Ben carrying Tobi with the "?"...forget what you called it! I was never to Plum Island when I lived up there...some day I will come up there and we will go! (there is a slight possibility my older sister Kristen may move near Hartford, then I think I'd visit CT and MA/NH alot more!) Hope you got my facebook message about Global Media Outreach. Let me know if you didn't! hugs!